SCEOT HAS AMAZING PROFESSIONAL LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES!
CHECK OUT THE SCEOT MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS FOR MORE INFORMATION BELOW 🙂
To register for these wonderful workshops – click the link below now :
2) Click on the orange “Attend” button beside the desired workshop
3) Click on the orange “Register” button
4) Fill in your info
ETFO has many professional learning options for members – click or see below for more info!
Professional Learning Newsletters
The Ministry of Education, through the Ontario Teachers’ Federation (OTF), is providing a subsidy of up to $450 to OTF or Affiliate members who successfully complete additional qualifications courses in Mathematics, Technology or Kindergarten.
You must be an active member of OTF or its Affiliates.
You are not eligible to apply for a subsidy if you completed an AQ/ABQ course or undergraduate prerequisite Math course before April 1st, 2014 (the beginning of this program).
You are not eligible to apply for a subsidy if you registered for and completed your course between May 1st, 2015 and January 31st, 2016. Please contact your school board – you should be subsidized through application to the board.
You are eligible for a Math AQ/ABQ or undergraduate prerequisite Math course subsidy if you completed your course between April 1, 2014 and April 30, 2015.
You are eligible to apply for a Math AQ/ABQ or undergraduate prerequisite Math course subsidy if you registered for your course before May 1, 2015 but completed it later.
You are eligible to apply for a Math, Technology (ICT), Kindergarten AQ/ABQ or undergraduate prerequisite Math course subsidy if the course is completed on or after February 1, 2016, regardless of when you registered.
To find out if you are eligible for a subsidy, talk to your AQ/ABQ provider, or consult the Q&A document found here.
Click here for the application form.
You can also contact OTF at 416-966-3424 or 1-800-268-7061 or visit their website for more details.
ETFO HUMAN RIGHTS STATEMENT
The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario is committed to:
- providing an environment for members that is free from harassment and discrimination at all provincial or local Federation sponsored activities;
- fostering the goodwill and trust necessary to protect the rights of all individuals within the organization;
- neither tolerating nor condoning behaviour that undermines the dignity or self-esteem of individuals or the integrity of relationships; and
- promoting mutual respect, understanding and co-operation as the basis of interaction among all members.
Harassment and discrimination on the basis of a prohibited ground are violations of the Ontario Human Rights Code and are illegal. The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario will not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination, as defined by the Ontario Human Rights Code, at provincial or local Federation sponsored activities.
SCEOT offers a wide variety of workshops designed to enhance teaching and learning for Occasional Teachers. We would like to encourage as many Occasional Teachers as possible to attend a variety of the workshops we provide. We try to offer many of these opportunities for professional learning and growth as early as possible in the new school year so as to give you the chance to implement your new skills. We will have workshops on PA Days as well as some after school options. Keep checking online to see the latest information session and send us any ideas on workshops you would like to attend.
Unlike our contract teacher colleagues, we do not have individual professional development funds available. We put our P.D. funds into group workshops, which are available to all S.C.D.S.B. Occasional Teachers and help us to reach the widest audience.
Some things to keep in mind:
* Professional Learning workshops are open to all S.C.D.S.B. elementary occasional teachers
* Participation may be limited to a set amount of people, so register early
* We usually need approx. 15 people to run a workshop, so workshops may be cancelled if there is minimal response
* All workshops that occur over a meal time will include a light meal – there are always vegetarian options available, but please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further dietary requirements
* Unless otherwise indicated, all workshops will be held at the SCEOT Office, located at 1110 Hwy 26 in Midhurst
* If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com
* We ask for your co-operation please when it comes to a commitment for a particular workshop. We order food and refreshments based on the people who have said they would be attending the workshop and we have to pay for the ordered amount regardless of the number who show up, so we ask your help in minimizing any waste of food and money. We need at least two days’ notice if wish to cancel your participation unless, of course, an absolute emergency arises… Thank You!
Here are some pictures from our Crayola Workshop in January!